I try and keep track of new blogs that post on Mormon topics in my New LDS Blogs list (two clicks down on the right sidebar). Here are four recent additions, along with a link to one post from each new blog. Go check them out and leave a comment or two:
- Whitney's "The Mormons": Reactions by JKC at We Might Be Windmills (using Blogger). Really nice photo image with that post. I didn't know people blogged in Minnesota.
- He's No Apostle But He's Got Influence by Dando (the Evangelical half of the team) at Mormon and Evangelical Conversation (using WordPress), noting with approval the evident influence of Robert Millet reflected in the new LDS press release on LDS doctrine.
- Neutrality in an Era of Inequity by Natalie at Mormon Rhetoric (using Blogger), expressing the opinion that VP Cheney's visit to BYU undermines the LDS claim to political neutrality. As one would expect from the name of the blog, the point is well argued.
- Solemn Responsibilities (using Blogger) promises posts on raising your kids and getting along with your spouse. Something like that, anyway.
- Late entry: Adventures in Mormonism, by a veteran IT guy who gives new meaning to the term "go the extra mile."
Nice to see some new solo LDS blogs coming online again. Remember, Rodney Stark thinks there will be 265 million Mormon blogs by 2080. Something like that, anyway.