Okay, I think I'm ready to step back into the three-ring circus called blogging, with a new and improved template sporting the stylishly assymetrical 2-column-right design. The main text column is also wider. I confess, this is a canned Typepad design, minimizing site maintenance -- hey, I'm a content guy, not a techie. This means no numbers on the comments and no fancy banner image, but that's about the only downside. I added a Feedback Box (using meebo) in sidebar two -- feel free to drop a note and maybe (if I'm online) get an instant reply. [FYI, the text and any reply appear on your page, but not on anyone else's view of the site.]
Other features I have added or updated in the sidebars:
- In sidebar 1, a "Net & Nacle" sideblog, updated daily, with a clever image thrown in when I can find one to give the column a little color.
- A "Bloggernacle Highlights" list of links, with three to six B'nacle posts added daily.
- At the top of sidebar 1, a link to the same "Bloggernacle Hightlights" posts displayed on a page in full text or excerpt format.
- A list of updated Google News stories on Mormonism.
- The five most recent posts from Get Religion.
- Links, blogrolls, a category cloud, and my sitecounter.
- In sidebar 2, a long column of book thumbnails which link to Amazon (to purchase the book) and text links below each cover shot linking to reviews on this site or posts at other sites.
Questions? Comments? Complaints?